International Engineering Educators Certification Program (IEECP)
Accredited by the International Society for Engineering Pedagogy (IGIP) and endorsed by the International Federation of Engineering Education Societies (IFEES)
The International Society for Engineering Pedagogy (IGIP) has created and developed the International Engineering Educator Certification Program (Ing.Paed.IGIP). This program has allowed thousands of university teachers around the world to train in pedagogical aspects, with special emphasis on technological careers.
InnovaHiEd Academy is an Authorized Training Center and, as such, offers the Program to institutions and individuals interested in perfecting their teacher training.
Those who satisfactorily comply with the requirements of the Program may access the certificate of
"International Engineering Educator" (Ing.Paed.IGIP)
Upon approval of the curriculum, a graduate must be able to:
- Master the academic, scientific and systematically recognized internationally recognized competencies for Engineering Pedagogy.
- Teach Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects in a competent, effective, innovative and creative way taking into account the basic concepts of Educational Psychology and Engineering Pedagogy with an Active Learning and Student-Centered approach.
These competencies are developed in the following Learning Outcomes:
- Plan, manage and analyze teaching and learning.
- Mastering performance, communication, rhetoric, and scientific writing skills
- Know the principles of ethics and engineering ethics in particular
- Implement, analyze and manage contemporary educational technology
- Plan and implement different forms and different methods of didactically effective laboratory work to implement theory in practice
- Implement the principles of an intercultural learning environment
- Implement active learning structures
- Select appropriate evaluation and rating methodologies
- Reflect on teaching and compile the self-analysis into a teaching portfolio
The program's curriculum is made up of the following modules:
- Introduction to competency development in Engineering Education (EE)
- Theory and practice of EE for the development of Competences
- Assessing EE competencies
- Competency-based curriculum design
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming for education
- Social implications fo Engineering
- Engineering Ethics
- Critical thinking
- Presentation and communication skills
- Scientific writing
- Project-based learning
- ICT in the EE
- Creative thinking
- Effective teamwork
This training offer is intended for teachers of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) or related disciplines. It is required to have a university degree at least.
- 2017 – UPRM – Puerto Rico
- 2018 – UTN – Argentina
- 2019 – Macro Facultad – Ingeniería – Chile
- 2020/21 – UdG – México
- 2021/22 – 100% virtual with participants from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, España, Paraguay and Perú
- 2022/23 – 100% a distancia – Inscripción abierta